Visiting hours and policies vary. Please consult your loved one’s clinician for program specific information regarding visitors.
Pastoral counselors are available to meet with individuals of all faiths. Please call (914) 925-5257 for more information.
A patient representative is available to assist patients and their families with all aspects of their care. Please call (914) 925-5951 for more information.
Program Access for Persons with Disabilities
Saint Joseph’s Medical Center, St. Vincent’s Hospital Westchester Division, and all of its programs and activities are accessible to and usable by disabled persons, including persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, or blind, or who have other sensory impairments. Access features include:
- Convenient off-street parking designated specifically for disabled persons
- Curb cuts and ramps between parking areas and buildings
- Level access into first floor level with elevator access to all other floors
- Fully accessible offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, public waiting areas, cafeteria, patient treatment areas, including examining rooms and patient wards.
- A full range of assistive and communication aids provided to persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, or blind, or with other sensory impairments. There is no additional charge for such aids. Some of these aids include:
- Qualified sign language interpreters for persons who are deaf or hard of hearing
- A 24-hour telecommunication device (TTY/TDD) which can connect the caller to all extensions within the facility and/or portable (TTY/TDD) units, for use by persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech impaired — Readers and taped material for the blind and large print materials for the visually impaired
Language Assistance Services
Interpreter services are available to patients and families in several different languages. Please contact the Language Assistance Coordinator at (914) 925-5383 for more information.
Mass is celebrated in the Chapel of Our Lady daily at 11:30 a.m., and the Chapel is open most other times for quiet reflection. The Chapel is located on the ground floor near the entrance to the Judson building
The Café is open for breakfast, lunch and late afternoon snacks. Breakfast ends at 10:00 a.m., hot lunch is served from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.. Snacks and other food are available until 4 p.m. Vending machines are available 24 hours a day. Credit and ATM cards are not accepted. People attending day treatment programs receive lunch as part of the program.
Open most days from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The gift shop, staffed by volunteers, offers candy, cards and other notions.
Open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and stocks most psychiatric medications. Many patients find it easier to get their medications here when they see their psychiatrist.
Located around the corner from the cafeteria. A fee may be charged depending on where you have your bank account.
Security officers are here to assist patients. They have the numbers of local cab companies posted if you need to reach a cab to return home.
The Clothes Loft
A volunteer and patient-run thrift shop where you can find low cost clothes. It is open daily from noon to 2:00 p.m.
If an individual has concerns about patient care and safety at St. Vincent’s that the organization has not addressed, he or she is encouraged to contact the St. Vincent’s management . If the concerns cannot be resolved through that process, the individual should contact any or all of the following: New York State Department of Health complaint hotline at 1-800-804-5447, or in writing to: New York State Centralized Hospital Intake Program, 433 River Street, 6th floor, Troy, NY 12180.
Joint Commission’s Office of Quality Monitoring at 1-800-994-6610. This hotline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Comments may also be emailed to email@example.com.